Social Media News & Updates (December 2021) New Twitter CEO, Censorship, YouTube Algorithm
Social Media Trends, News, and Updates for December 2021.
Watch the Full Video:
TLDR From The Video:
1. YouTube is making its handy video chapters available on more devices like Smart TVs and Game consoles.
What this means: Better distribution for YouTube channels that are using chapters in their videos.
NOTE: If you aren't using chapters in your YouTube videos, you should. Bonus: Tube Buddy chrome extension is a great tool for anyone wanting to grow their YouTube channel.
2. New Twitter CEO. Jack Dorsey Stepping down. Parag Agrawal takes the throne.
3. Twitter bans sharing 'private' images and videos without consent. The policy doesn't apply to public figures for the most part, but there are exceptions.
4. Facebook's Head of Messenger is Leaving
5. Support Creators With Stars Fest on Facebook. These are similar to "Bits" on Twitch.
6. Twitter Tests New, TikTok-Like Full-Screen Display for Explore
7. Instagram’s Testing a ‘Dancify’ Option for Reels Which Would Automatically Sync Video and Music
8. Instagram says parental controls will arrive in March among other new safety features.
Video Outline: (0:00) Intro
(0:20) Update #1: YouTube Adds Chapters On More Devices
(1:20) Update #2: New Twitter CEO
(1:44) Update #3: Twitter Bans Sharing Private Images and Videos
(2:30) Update #4: Facebook's Head of Messenger leaves
(3:06) Update #5: Facebook is empowering Creators with "Stars" online store
(4:25) Update #6: Twitter tests TikTok Style For You Page
For your own research:
- Pinterest Predicts 2022 Provides Advance Look at Next Year’s Trends https://www.adweek.com/media/pinteres...
- The most searched memes of 2021 revealed - with Matt Hancock topping the list https://news.sky.com/story/the-most-s...
- Counting down 2021 with 21 Search trends https://blog.google/products/search/c...
Here are the top 10 digital marketing trends to keep an eye on in 2022 and how you can use them to your advantage.